Classic Style Using Authentic Treasures

It's all about living an AUTHENTIC life, being true to who we are and finding beauty and inspiration in our daily surroundings. Decorating our homes with found items and antique and vintage treasures, we create a personal ~ classic style ~ that defines who we are!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

My "Mothers"

Gwendolyn

Mother's Day is tomorrow!  A good many of my friends on facebook this week have been honoring their mothers by replacing their profile pictures with one of their mother's pictures. It has been so much fun to see all the mother's faces smiling at me.  A good many have been vintage...with pearls and dark lipsticks and curled hair do's!   My mom is still beautiful at 78, but her picture above, in her late teens, is my favorite!  My mom has always been there for me, nudging me, helping me, baby sitting in the early years...now it is my turn to return the favor.  I pray for her to be blessed with joy and health and happiness in these later years!
 
Onieta

Her mother, my maternal grandmother was such a wonderful woman.  Racked with Rheumatoid Arthritis and bound in a wheel chair most of the years I can remember, she lived such a hard existence, but never complained.  She died in my late teens and never met my husband or her great-grandsons!  I would so love to have her meet them!


Emma  
My father's mother lived in West Virginia.  We would visit her every summer and see her when she came to Georgia to visit us.  What a strong woman!  She was born in 1897, outlived her first husband, divorced her second husband, (my grandfather), out lived her third husband, survived breast cancer and a mastectomy in the late 1940's and lived to be in her mid 90's!  She worked, played the stock market, owned rental properties and always told you what she was thinking!  A true survivor she was!

I honor my mom and my grand mothers and thank each of them...as they are all a part of me!  
Last but not least...
I honor Mother Mary...
our spiritual mother and ask that she pray for us all and intercede on our behalf!

Happy Mother's Day to you all!
Live, Laugh, Love...be AUTHENTIC!

Blessings,

Martha


No comments: