Classic Style Using Authentic Treasures

It's all about living an AUTHENTIC life, being true to who we are and finding beauty and inspiration in our daily surroundings. Decorating our homes with found items and antique and vintage treasures, we create a personal ~ classic style ~ that defines who we are!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Headboard Ideas

I'm always looking for interesting ways to decorate,
as I would rather do something unconventional.  
I love the element of surprise.

I'm the process of changing my 16 year old son's bedroom 
and have found some great ideas 
for headboards and thought I'd share a few!


 
Twin Cities Design Scene

Thinking of upholstered squares of 
Denim mixed with Scottish Plaid.




 
Twin Cities Design Scene


Installing molding is a great idea,
then add fabric or wall paper.




 
Twin Cities Design Scene


Here's one large upholstered piece framed and hung on the wall.




 
Country Living


I know this isn't new, 
but I love the idea of using old doors!




 
Dirt Cheap Decor

More Doors!


Burnham Design
What a clean, crisp idea!  
Painted stripes would be a very inexpensive way 
to add interest and color!





Tater Tots and Jello
The look of this re-purposed wood is perfect!




The Hill In The Village
Decal Letters!  
The ideas are endless....
quotes, book titles, your child's name, sports teams!




Velvet Pallet
The water worn, natural wood tones 
of these oars is so appealing!




A Cultivated Nest
Another Decal idea...how charming!
Plus they used framed in shutters to boot!




Daffadowndilly's
These old wooden bats are a great idea!




Imgfave
I fell in love with this one!
Thinking about it for my master bedroom! 



I'll be sharing my son's bedroom makeover soon!
Still not sure about the headboard I'll use in his room,
but wasn't it fun to look at all the ideas?


Live your Authentic Life ~ be the REAL you!

Blessings,

Martha


No comments: